Vaginal/Urinary Tract Infection Checks
Convenient locations in Raleigh, Holly Springs and Panther Creek.
Convenient locations in Raleigh, Holly Springs and Panther Creek
Urinary Tract Infections
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection in any part of the urinary system, including the bladder, urethra or kidney. UTIs are caused by bacteria that most often come from the digestive tract or rectal area.
The standard medical care for a UTI includes taking antibiotics for three days. If your UTI was sexually transmitted, your partner will need to be treated too. If you have recurrent infections, you may be referred to a specialist.
Absolutely love him! He takes all the time you need with him, I’ve never felt like I was an inconvenience or rushed. Highly highly recommend him.
Your Vaginal/Urinary Tract Infection Checks will be performed at North Carolina OB/GYN and Midwifery
- Vaginal infections, also known as vaginitis, can cause discharge, irritation, and pain during sex and urination. Three types of vaginal infections are the most common.
- Vaginal yeast infection, also known as vaginal candidiasis, is caused by an infection involving an overgrowth of fungus or yeast.
- Bacterial vaginosis is caused by an overgrowth of certain types of bacteria.
- Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection caused by a parasite.
Many women mistakenly think they have a yeast infection and try to treat themselves with over-the-counter yeast medication when, in fact, they have a vaginal infection that requires antibiotic treatment. The doctors at North Carolina OB/GYN and Midwifery can provide precise testing for an accurate diagnosis, followed by the right treatment to get you feeling better as soon as possible.
- Abnormal Pap Follow-Ups (LEEP, Colposcopy)
- Annual Gynecological Exams (pap smear, pelvic and breast exams)
- Birth Control Counseling
- Breast Health Exams
- Endometrial Ablation for Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
- Hysterectomies through Robotic Surgery
- In-Office Hysteroscopy to Diagnose Intrauterine Issues
- In-Office Polypectomy
- Menopause Care
- Osteoporosis Prevention and Bone Health
- Pregnancy Testing
- STD Screenings